This is one of my favorite healthy recipes. For full recipe details, please visit the original author’s article in the link below.
Tofu is an excellent source of vegan protein and contains all nine essential amino acids. It contains antioxidant phytochemicals making it a great addition to an anti-inflammatory diet. Be sure to use organic tofu that is verified non-GMO to get all the health benefits without the pesticides.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 6 button mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup carrots, grated
- 1 package firm tofu, patted dry
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 tomato, diced
- Heat oil in a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat.
- Once the oil is hot add the garlic and onion and sauté for about five minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and carrots and sauté for another five minutes.
- Add the tofu into the pan crumble it into small pieces using a spatula.
- Sprinkle salt and turmeric evenly over the scramble.
- Heat for about five minutes, stirring occasionally to blend well. During this time the tofu can be broken into smaller pieces to resemble the consistency of scrambled eggs.
- Mix in the spinach and tomato and heat until spinach is just wilted, about three minutes.
- Remove from heat and enjoy.