I’ll admit, I’m not where I want to be yet. Every single day I am working diligently to become her. The best possible version of myself. The witty, wealthy, beautiful version of myself that I picture in my daydreams. Most days I don’t see any progress being made, however, I can look back over the years and see the slow and steady upward trajectory.
It’s so easy to compare myself to others and pick out my many flaws. Over the years I have come to the realization that I will never be perfect and that is alright. I don’t need to be perfect to be happy and live a good life that makes me proud. What’s important is that I’m making progress in the right direction.
In the past 12 years I have:
- Earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management.
- Fell in love with the man of my dreams who treats me like a princess.
- Quit smoking cigarettes and started exercising instead. Major win!
- Founded and built a successful e-commerce website (with over $40M in gross sales since inception).
- Sold all my possessions, bought an RV and traveled around the United States for a year.
- Sold the RV and moved into a 10th-floor condo in South Florida overlooking the Atlantic Ocean.
- Started taking better care of myself and making an effort to always look put together and polished.
- Stopped eating junk food and started exercising every day.
- Married the man of my dreams who *still* treats me like a princess every day.
- Bought a luxury 3,200 sq. ft. house in Orlando, Florida in a great neighborhood with fantastic neighbors.
- My husband earned his pilot’s license and we bought an airplane.
- Officially became a self-made millionaire. Totally consider myself to be a Boss Babe.
- Vacationed in numerous exotic tropical locations.
- Bought a 12,000 sq. ft. warehouse for use as office space and rental property income.
- Became a born again Christian.
- Enrolled in a Health Coaching program with the intent to shift my career to health and wellness and helping others to become the best possible version of themselves.
It’s amazing to see just how much my life has changed in the last 12 years since I started on this journey of self-transformation. I’m still making progress towards the person that I was actually meant to be. I feel like I’m getting closer and closer to her each day.
Now, you might be wondering how I could possibly make all these changes in such a short amount of time. Over the years I have developed several habits that lead to continuous success.
- I eat nourishing whole foods and move my body every single day. Taking care of my body is the highest form of self-care and must be a top priority if I want to become the best possible version of myself.
- I have a regular morning routine to make sure I’m pumped up and ready for whatever the day throws at me. Also, a regular evening routine to help me relax and fall into a deep restful sleep.
- I don’t waste my time watching television or playing video games. I do my best to limit my screen time to activities that are productive – and social media…because I love you guys!
- I’m curious about how the world works and am always learning new things. If I don’t understand something I will pull out my handy pocket-computer (AKA: iPhone) and do some research until I know everything I could ever need to know on the topic. Always remember that intelligence is your number one asset.
- I control my emotions and look at the big picture. When something happens I know it is better to take time and think it over, rather than reacting in the heat of the moment. This has been a tough concept to master and I’m still putting in the work every day.
- I am optimistic and view the world as a beautiful place full of loving people. It’s important to have a positive mental attitude and focus on the good in any situation.
Do you use any of these strategies for success? What are your strategies for becoming the best possible version of yourself?